南京夜网,南京夜生活,南京桑拿论坛

Powered by Dgjuxing!

July, 2019

Our sayWe’re there to help when needed the most

THE phenomenal response by the Bathurst community to the Hay2Help hay run is further proof of what a great community we live in.
Nanjing Night Net

The hay run has been organised to support bushfire-affected farmers north of the city in areas around Cassilis, Coolah and Dunedoo.

It’s a practical response to a natural disaster, designed to provide a real solution to a very real problem.

The massive bushfires that tore through the regions burnt out more than 50,000 hectares of land in just a couple of days.

While landholders and bushfire fighters in the regions–with support from across the state–battled to save lives, property and livestock, they could do nothing to protect the hectares of feed and fencing that fuelled the flames.

So in the days immediately following the fire, farmers have been left with whatever stock they could save but nothing to feed them.

Many of the losses will be covered by insurance by the stock would be long dead waiting for the payouts to come through.

And, as it was put to theWestern Advocatelast week, even if rain started falling the day after the fires, it would take around six weeks for enough growth to appear to graze stock on.

Again, the stock would be long dead waiting.

So an immediate response of bales of hay taken straight to the firezone is the best solution Bathurst locals could offer right now–and they’ve answered the call spectacularly.

James Walton was the man making most of the initial phone calls to get the hay run started and even he has been (pleasantly) surprised by the reaction.

In less than a day transport operator Brett Cranston had offered his trucks to transport the hay and many of his drivers had volunteered to do the run outside of their work hours.

A drop-off point for hay had been organised and even though they initially didn’t want to be handling cash, public demand meant a bank account had to be established to receive donations.

It’s certainly not the first time Bathurst has reacted this way in a time of crisis, but each time it gladdens our heart to see the community in action.

And it’s the true spirit of Australian mateship in action –helping the mate you haven’t even met yet.

This story Administrator ready to work first appeared on Nanjing Night Net.

One Nation candidate to focus on jobs

Determined: Pauline Hanson’s One Nation candidate for Bunbury Sam Brown said he is passionate about fixing a number of local issues. Photo: Andrew Elstermann.Sam Brown’s decision to run for the seat of Bunbury in March’s state election came after he looked at the field and decided he couldn’t find anyone to vote for that he liked.
Nanjing Night Net

The father of fourtold the Mail on Monday he was a long-time supporter of Pauline Hanson and One Nation and made the decision to run as their candidate because the messages from the major parties just aren’t resonatingwith a lot of voters.

“One Nation has changed a lot in 20 years and our main appeal is a desire to work with other parties to get things done,” he said.

Mr Brown, a FIFO rigger and scaffolding worker, said there was a lot of uncertainty in WA at the moment with a need to focus on jobs and the economy.

“People are taking pay cuts or being shifted to part-time or casual work and these issues have a flow on effect –they are hurting the family dynamic and damaging worker’s mental health,” he said.

“Bunbury has a reputation as the meth capital of WA and we start from the bottom if we are going to fix that.”

Mr Brown said his party were not a threat to Royalties for Regions but were absolutely against the Nationals proposed mining tax. One Nation also announced on Monday they are against the privatisationof Western Power.

“The workers will pay dearly if that tax is introduced and it will make it harder for plenty of West Australians who are already battling,” he said.

Locally, Mr Brown said he loves Bunbury but there are a number of grassroots issues that need attention.

“I’m not a CEO or a lawyer –I’m just a passionate average bloke with a dream that wants to fix this place up. Bunbury has so much potential and deserves a bright future,” he said.

“We need to fight the meth crisis and ensure there are local jobs for everyone.”

One Nation havedone a preference deal with the Liberal Party but Mr Brown acknowledged when asked,that his policies appearto align more closely with Labor’s plan for Bunbury.

“Of course we have done a preference deal to get a foothold but we want to work with whoever wants to get good things done,” he said.

“Labor have good plans for Bunbury but the people on the street will vote for whoever they feel is focusing on them best. I say vote for whatever feels right.”

This story Administrator ready to work first appeared on Nanjing Night Net.

The Wilmar dispute for dummies

CANEGROWERS CEO Dan Galligan provides the background on the Wilmar sugar marketing dispute. Sugar marketing has made national headlines this week but for those outside the industry, the issuecan be difficult to grasp.
Nanjing Night Net

We asked CANEGROWERS CEO Dan Galligan to give us the background.

In April 2014, milling company Wilmar Sugar indicated it would end its sugar marketing arrangement with the industry-owned, not-for-profit marketing company QSL from the end of the 2016 season.

Tully Sugar and MSF Sugar also took that decision meaning new arrangements would be required before the commencement of the 2017 crush.

The decision meant:

Growers supplying those companies would be forced to market their economic interest sugar through the milling company’s channels. As grower earnings are calculated on a formula which links the export price of the raw sugar to the price of their cane, they have a direct financial link to the marketing outcome.Millers would extend their regional milling monopoly power to include marketing. In December 2015, amendments to the Sugar Industry Act 1999 were passed by the Queensland Parliament. These amendments required mills to offer marketing choice to growers and therefore provided for competition in the provision of sugar marketing services. Two agreements are required to make this happen. Agreements which comply with the legislation have since been negotiated and signed by six of the seven milling companies operating in Queensland, including Tully Sugar and MSF Sugar with QSL.

The mills in the Bundaberg, Isis and Mackay regions all maintained existing agreements with QSL.

Wilmar Sugar is now the only milling group yet to finalise the two agreements required to make marketing choice available for the 2017 season.

Until Wilmar and QSL conclude their On-Supply Agreement, Cane Supply Agreements with the CANEGROWERS groups in those districts cannot be finalised and those growers who wish to do so are unable to choose QSL as their sugar marketer.

What does this mean?The lack of a milling contract for the 2017 season is causing significant stress to the 1500 hardworking farming families in the Wilmar Sugar milling districts of the Burdekin, Herbert, Proserpine, and Plane Creek.

This uncertainty, stress and anxiety has to end now.

This $2 billion export-focused industry is vital to the economy of North Queensland and the sooner this impasse over agreements is resolved the better.

Pathways to a resolution- Dan Galligan, CANEGROWERS CEO

This story Administrator ready to work first appeared on Nanjing Night Net.

Unanimous call for Dr Phadke’s return

Community support: It was standing room only at the public meeting to supprt Dr Phadke, with the crowd spilling out on to a balcony. Picture: John VeageRe the article ‘‘Heat on Hazzard: Health chief defends inquiry into doctor’’ (Leader, February 15).
Nanjing Night Net

I wish to thank all those concerned people of the Sutherland and St George communities for the positive support give to Dr Kiran Phadke by attending the public meeting, in extreme heat, on Friday, February 10.

Unanimous agreement was given by the hundreds attending the meeting for Dr Phadke to be returned to his former role in the caring of his oncology patients at St George and Sutherland Hospitals. It was also agreed that this outcome should be conveyed to the Minister of Health.

Lorna Stone AM,Kiran Phadke Community Support Group

I would like to add my support to Dr Kiran Phadke. I have known Kiran for many years both as a medical colleague and a friend and there is no way I could see him guilty of any of the charges laid against him.

Kevin Orr, Honorary Surgeon St. George Hospital & Sen. Lect. Uni NSW

If a tailor uses his basic drafted suit pattern without adjustment for every client , one can only imagine the result. Some very ill-fitting, uncomfortable, quite peculiar garments would no doubt ensue.

I suggest this analogy applies to chemotherapy protocol. I would not want the ‘‘standard protocol’’ (read drafted suit pattern ) applied to me without significant changes made to cater for my particular disease. I would require a personal approach – a design for me.

I would want a doctor like Dr Kieran Phadke. Someone prepared to use the guidelines as a base and work out an individual recipe just for me. It seems to me basic common sense dictates that this approach is the only logical one.

It is to be hoped that Dr Phadke will soon be back at work, having received an apology (at least ) for this great injustice that has been thrust apon him.

Margaret Ryan RN (ret), Bexley

Dr Phadke was consulting doctor for both my wife and my former spouses. Their cancer treatments were long and difficult before they died. We had, and continue to have, full confidence in Dr Phadke.

We can’t believe the way he is being judged. These people are not even his peers.

Alan Osland and Mary-Lynne Ferrari, Cronulla

Mr Marr is at it again! He has given Dr Phadke three weeks to respond to the final report that has taken nine months to produce, and yet he decides to release elements of the document which are confidential.

This is prejudicial as the response period granted to Dr Phadke is still current.

Why is Mr Marr doing this? As the CEO of a large organisation he should be aware of judicial process and the importance that this must not be compromised in any way.

He has failed in this regard and hence has failed to meet the high standards of good governance expected of his office.

Mr Marr has made sweeping statements that prejudge the outcome of this protracted review process. This indicates he has made up his mind to dismiss Dr Phadke.

There is nothing that Mr Marr can say, or do, that will change the fact that Dr Phadke has dedicated his working life to progress cancer care in the Sutherland Shire to an outstanding level.

It is outrageous for Mr Marr to suggest otherwise.

How many dedicated consultants is Mr Marr prepared to sacrifice if they disagree with his vision of how hospital care should be provided?

At the end of the day Mr Marr is only a public servant, and he should not forget this.

Brian Courtney, Noosaville, Qld

This story Administrator ready to work first appeared on Nanjing Night Net.

Feeder roads require upgrades

FINALLY OPEN: The new bridge on Frame Drive, Abermain, which opened on February 1, almost two years after the old bridge was closed. Picture: Perry DuffinThe re-opening of Frame Drive bridge has brought the state of roads connecting it to the Hunter Expresswayinto the spotlight.
Nanjing Night Net

Cessnock City Council will write to various state government representatives to seek urgent fundingassistance to undertake road improvement works along the link roads between the Hunter Expressway and Cessnock.

In a mayoral minute to last week’s council meeting, Cessnock Mayor Bob Pynsent said the opening of the new bridge wouldinevitably increase traffic along this route (via Orange Street, Frame Drive, Gingers Lane and Hart Road).

“The increase in traffic volumes along the route will also have a major impact on the condition of the local road network in the area, as it will now be required to carry traffic loads between two nodes of the State Road network,” Cr Pynsent’s mayoral minute said.

“As a result, council will likely see a rapid deterioration of the roads along the route.”

Cr Pynsent said council hadrecently completed a specialist road safety audit that identified and recommended a number of short, medium and long term road upgrade works thatwere required to improve road safety along the route.

Attention was drawn to the increasing traffic in Heddon Greta (another vital link to the expressway) at the same meeting.

Ward D councillor Darrin Gray moved that council make representations toNSW roads minister Melinda Pavey regarding thetraffic issues and the impact it was having on Heddon Greta residents.

“The current state of affairs on this stretch of road is becoming increasingly dangerous for residents and commuters alike,” Cr Gray’s motion said.

“The Hunter Expressway is a magnificent piece of infrastructure however it is not without its negatives, from the lack of commuter parking facilities at key nodes along its length, to forcing congestion onto our residential streets.”

Cr Gray said while the freeway was built with good intentions, the traffic was making the lives of Heddon Greta residents “a living hell”.

Lack of commuter parking, frequent illegal U-turning across Main Road, the absence ofa pedestrian crossing and traffic lights, and lack of action to raise Testers Hollow were among his concerns.

“The safety and amenity of our local town and residents is seriously being adversely impacted,” he said.

This story Administrator ready to work first appeared on Nanjing Night Net.