美甲步骤,美甲教程

苏州美甲美睫培训学校

March, 2019

Guilty of false murder report

A DERRINALLUM man falsely admitted to a murder in an attempt to get a free trip to England.
Nanjing Night Net

The bizarre confession was revealed in Warrnambool Magistrates on Monday whenDaniel Alfred Clark, 51, formerly of Ligar Street, pleaded guilty to making a false report to police.

He had concocted a story in the hope of being extradited to England because he could not afford a fare.

Magistrate Cynthia Toose said there were unusual things going on in Clark’s life when he made the false report to police last month.

She said Victoria Police homicide squad and south-west detectives had spent considerable time investigating the matter.

“This is a very serious matter,” Ms Toose said.

“If you had any prior court appearances I would have considered imposing a jail sentence.”

Clark, now of Warrnambool, was convicted and placed on a 12-month community corrections order with the condition he complete 100 hours of community work.

Police told the court that on January 10 at 8.50am Clark called 000 from a Derrinallum phone box and confessed to a murder.

Officers attended at 9am and Clark admittedto killing a man called Andrew Leggett 20 years ago in Norfolk, England.

Clark detailed the circumstances and said he made it look like an overdose.

Detectives took over the investigation and looked into whether Clark was wanted in England through English police and Interpol.

Clark told them he was born in Australia but he went to England with his mother when he was two years old.

He said he had returned to England towards the end of last year to assist his disabled father.

But Clark and his partner argued with his father and they had to move out before returning to Australia.

In January this year, Clark’s partner decided she wanted to go back to England.

But Clark was in financial difficulties and came up with a plan to be deported or extradited back to England.

His partner detailed Clark’s plan to confess to a murderbut Clark maintained he was telling the truth and claimed his partner had a mental illness.

In court, Clark told the magistrate he had run out of medication for his mental health condition at the time of the offending.

He apologised for wasting the time of the police.

This story Administrator ready to work first appeared on Nanjing Night Net.

Apples shooting to score with netball

GOOD SHOT: Aussie Apples is partnering with the Netball Australia in the new Suncorp Super Netball league which is hoped to lift the profile of the fruit. NOTE: Image has been digitally altered.
Nanjing Night Net

AUSSIE apples will be given the sporting spotlight as they take up the centre bib in a partnership with the national netball body.

Horticulture Innovation Australia (HIA) signed a lucrative three-year $600,000 contract with Netball Australia last week, securing exposure for the “Aussie Apples” brand at elite international matches and local games across the nation.

The new partnership marks the start of the 2017 Aussie Apples marketing campaign.

Parts of the deal include the supply of apples to players at all levels plus television advertising, high-profile netball player ambassador activities, website promotion and match signage.

Netball Australia acting CEO, Marne Fechner, said the partnership was a natural fit.

“We’re delighted to be partnering with Horticulture Innovation Australia through the Aussie Apples brand,” Ms Fechner said.

“In this next evolution for netball, we have been seeking to create partnerships with brands who align with our values and vision.

“With its focus on healthy nutrition, and interest in supporting Australia’s leading women’s sport from the grassroots to the elite, we couldn’t be happier in welcoming Horticulture Innovation Australia to netball.”

HIA chief executive, John Lloyd, said with the rise and rise of netball in Australia and the healthy connection between apples and sport, the partnership made sense.

“Industry is very excited about this new venture, which is timely given the breadth of participation in netball across the nation and the increasing profile of women’s sport in Australia,” Mr Lloyd said.

According to Netball Australia, 1.2 million people play netball in Australia, and a further 250,000 people attend games each year.

And that number is soon to grow with Suncorp Super Netball which aired on prime-time free-to-air television last weekend.

Aussie Apples will also be promoted at the matches of the national team, the Australian Diamonds, which has won 11 out of 13 World Championships.

The Diamonds are dominating the world circuit with a recent victory in the Quad Series title in England.

It’s not the first time Australian sport and sports identities have leant a hand to promote a particular fruit.

For more than a decade, rugby league star, Billy Slater, has been the pin-up boy for the Australian banana industry, with his Innisfail upbringing making him a natural pick.

Billy Slater promoting Australian bananas.Last year, AFL star, Patrick Dangerfield, also gave the banana industry a boost when he appeared on the national fishing program, iFish, sporting a bright yellow Australian Bananas t-shirt.

The 2011 Young Australian of the Year and world solo sailor, Jessica Watson, partnered with Australian Cherries to give them a profile push when her star was on the rise, while swimming sensation, Libby Trickett, gave her support to Australian Table Grapes’ Munch-A-Bunch campaign for two years running in 2012 and 2013.

Jessica Watson lends her voice to Australian cherries.This story Administrator ready to work first appeared on Nanjing Night Net.

Clogging up the court

DO NOT FLUSH: Hilltops Council has welcomed legal action against two manufacturers of ‘flushable’ wet wipes. Picture: Craig Thomson.The Australian Competition and Consumer Commission (ACCC) has launched legal action against two manufacturers of ‘flushable’ wet wipes.
Nanjing Night Net

The ACCC instituted Federal Court proceedings against Kimberly-Clark Australia Pty Ltd (Kimberly-Clark) and Pental Limited and Pental Products Pty Ltd.

ACCC Chairman Rod Sims said the manufacturers of the products have made false or misleading representations in relation to ‘flushable’ wipes they marketed and supplied in Australia.

“The ACCC alleges that the impression given by Kimberly-Clark and Pental that these products were suitable to be flushed down household toilets in Australia is false,” he said.“These products do not, for example, disintegrate like toilet paper when flushed. Australian water authorities face significant problems when non-suitable products are flushed down the toilet as they contribute to blockages in a household and municipal sewerage systems.”

Hilltops Council has welcomed news that the ACCC has launched legal action against the manufacturers.

Council Director of Infrastructure Dirk Wymer said the ACCC stance is great news not only for ratepayers but also for the environment.

“Wet wipes clogging our sewers and breaking our pumps is one of the challenges we face in keeping the Hilltops’ sewer system operating,” he said. “The Water Services Association of Australia estimated wet wipes are costing water utilities $15 million per year.”

“Every time there is a blockage in the sewer mains or pump stations, Council resources are required to clear it. In a pump station, there is also a risk of damage to the pump and the electrical controls. In addition, pumps work harder than they need to when blocked or partially blocked and they use more power.” Mr Wymer said.

“The next step is to educate consumers to keep wipes out of our pipes.It’s a message we hope will be heard loud and clear because if that blockage occurs on private property, it is the property owner who has to pay to unblock it. Then there’s the risk of raw sewage overflow into neighbouring properties or the environment.”

This story Administrator ready to work first appeared on Nanjing Night Net.

Union to abattoir: drop 457 workers

The meat workers union has called on Teys Wagga toreplace its foreign workforce with 180 axed abattoir staff from Cootamundra.
Nanjing Night Net

It comes after Cootamundra’s largest employer, Manildra Meat Company, announced late last week 150 permanent staff and 70 casual staff willbe laid off when the processing plant closes on Friday.

The Australasian Meat Industry Employees Union’s (AMIEU) state industrial organiserMark Perkins arrived in Cootamundra on Monday after hearing about the closure from affectedstaff.

“Some of the abattoirs within two hours drive of Cootamundra still use 457 visa workers;Teys Wagga especially,” Mr Perkins said

“I would hope they drop their foreignworkers and employ locals; they should be able to take all Manildra production workers.”

Mr Perkins said the axedstaff were “devastated” as most had “houses and families in Cootamundra” and “the vast majority of them will have to leave town to find work”.

Mr Perkins praised Manildra Meat Companyfor voluntarily paying out personal leave as part of redundancy packages, as well as committingto pay long service and annual leave.

Teys spokesman Tom Maguire said the union had wildly inflated its estimation of the company’s 457 visa workforce.

“Teys Wagga has substantially fewer than 180 457 visa workers,” Mr Maguire said.

“There is a large number of Australian residents from overseas working at the abattoir, but they’re not on visas.

“There isn’t room in our local workforcefor the Manildra staff.

“While there’s no chance Teys Wagga will close,we’re struggling to get five days work for our current staff.”

Manildra general manager Jason Graham reaffirmed his intention to re-openthe plant if livestock prices drop, but could not predict when that wouldbe.

Workers in limbodon’t know whether to stay in Cootamundra and live on savings in the hope of getting their jobs back or move town or state in search of work.

“We are offering onsite non-government and government services including counselling, resume drafting, interviewing skills, job searching and financial services,” Mr Graham said.

“Manildra Meat Company’s main concern is the welfare and future employment opportunities for workers that have been affected by the announcement of this closure.”

This story Administrator ready to work first appeared on Nanjing Night Net.

PresCare promises assistance

LODGE CLOSES: Scenic Rim mayor and Federal member for Wright respond to Prescare’s decision to close the Roslyn Lodge. Photo: Jocelyn GarciaQUEENSLANDaged care provider PresCare announced the closure of Roslyn Lodge to residents on February 9.
Nanjing Night Net

The organisation has until March 31 to find new homes for all 33 Roslyn Lodge residents and new employment for the carers.

Chief executive officerGreg Skeltonsaid PresCarewould do what they could to make the transition easier for the residents and their families.

“We will do everything possible to support our residents to find suitable accommodation as quickly and seamlessly as we can,” he said.

Mr Skelton said the residents would be assigneda case manager toassist each person and their family to access alternative service providers.

He said staff wouldbe offered alternative employment and retraining into their community operations or other areas of the PresCare Group.

“Staff will also be offered emotional support and specialist assistance to secure alternative employment.,” he said.

Scenic Rim mayor Greg Christensen said he shared the disappointment of the Tamborine Mountain community after the shock announcement by PresCare.

“Residents ofRoslynLodgehad the expectation of living out their days on Tamborine Mountain,” he said.

“My concern is first and foremost withRoslynLodgeresidents, alongside their families, as well as the staff who have been impacted by this sudden decision.”

Mr Christensen said there wasstill a “high level of uncertainty” of whatthe space would become.

“I am committed to exploring every available avenue to see if there is a way to ensure the continuation of this important facility for our Tamborine Mountain community,” he said.

Federal member for Wright Scott Buchholz saidRoslyn Lodge could only close if suitable alternative accommodation arrangements were made.

“PresCare must take this responsibility very seriously and act swiftly to reduce the impact of the closure, particularly on the residents and their families,” he said.

“The Department of Health will work with PresCare to ensure all residents have a genuine choice about their new home and that they will not be financially disadvantaged by the move.”

This story Administrator ready to work first appeared on Nanjing Night Net.